Front End WebGL Developer
Permanent, London, £45,000
Front End WebGL developer
Web AR Projects
London based studio (Fully remote role)
£35-45k base + Fantastic benefits
We are working with a fast growing, multi-award-winning studio that has a proven track record of producing unique and engaging web experiences. The studio works on a wide range of products and tools where 3D technology converges with web applications.
Owing to a marked increase in business activity, they are actively seeking an experienced Front End WebGL developer to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a dynamic, talented, and high growth company where your ideas and contributions make a real difference!
You will get to work with the latest VR, AR and web tools, as well as building next generation product configurators.
You’ll be working in a friendly team environment where visual quality is key. And will be closely working with several talented producers, programmers, designers, and 3D artists to create, modify and maintain projects across a range of industries.
The work will be constantly evolving and varied usually requiring a number of unique solutions to be designed for each project.
Key Responsibilities for the Front End WebGL Developer Role
- Building progressively enhanced and responsive WebXR / 3D / 2D web applications running in WebGL frameworks [threejs/babylon etc.].
- Building, developing and maintaining new and existing online experiences
- Work closely with their R&D team to develop interactive 3D and 2D web-based products
- Producing well-documented and beautifully crafted solutions using emerging web technologies [WebXR/Canvas/ES6]
- Able to learn and use new APIs, SDKs or programming languages as necessary
- Research, analyse and explain possible approaches to unique problems
To qualify for this fantastic Front End WebGL Developer opportunity:
- Demonstrable experience with Web APIs, especially WebGL, WebXR and Canvas
- Experience or 3D experience in other programming languages
- Comfortable working with various build and task automation tools, including Grunt, Webpack and Gulp
It would be great if you have:
- Knowledge of Game Engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal etc).
- Cross browser and Cross device development
- GLSL experience
- Amateur or Professional game development experience
- Good understanding of GIT and approaches to version control
- Experience using RESTful web services
In return, the company will offer
- Fully remote working opportunity
- Regular team trips away.
- Monthly social meetups.
- Pension scheme.
- Relaxed high spec offices with 3D scanning and photography studio.
The studio is looking to build a successful team of likeminded people committed to making brilliant interactive tools, producing great CG and great interior
Get in touch if you're an experienced Front End WebGL Developer and this sounds like you!