Permanent | New York | $180,000 - 220000/Per Year | Job No: 929
Virtual Production Disguise Engineer/Operator
New York-based location – On-site role
Full benefits package (Healthcare, bonus an 401k etc)
We're partnering with a well-established NYC-based studio that has been an industry powerhouse for over 25 years – during this time, some of the most iconic film and photo shoots have happened in their studios.
In recent weeks, they've made a major investment to turn some of their space into a virtual production studio, have spared no expense with the LED panels and hardware, and have created a state-of-the-art brain bar with the latest technology available.
The VP stage will be mainly used for short-form content (marketing/advertising shoots) and is set to go live in Mid-Feburary 2023. They already have major interest from their existing clients who want to book the stage for shoots.
Owing to this, they're looking for a Disguise Engineer/Operator to join their team at this exciting growth stage!
Working closely with the Studio Director, you'll be a key member of the Virtual Production team. You will be given the opportunity to use your full creative ability to push the boundaries of virtual production workflows!
Key elements of the Disguise Engineer/Operator role will be to;
- work closely with external clients, delivering projects utilising the Disguise production environment and (Unreal) real-time technology.
- act as the technical link between clients' creative teams and internal VP teams
- use your knowledge and experience to optimise Unreal Engine deployment for VP content creation.
- clearly understand production requirements and translate them into recommendations for customers.
- act as a hands-on stage operator for productions utilising in-camera visual effects and other technologies.
To qualify for this fantastic opportunity, you will be an experienced Disguise Engineer/Operator. Experience working on Virtual Production projects would be a massive advantage but isn’t essential as training will be provided.
Experience of working with key facets such as on-set production workflows and live camera tracking, data recording, virtual cameras, or in-camera visual effects would again be a massive advantage.
In return for these skills, you’ll work on groundbreaking projects using groundbreaking technology with global powerhouse brands.
As the studio expands in the coming months, the role also comes with the opportunity to build and lead your own teams.
To learn more about this exciting Disguise Engineer/Operator role, click apply and we’ll be in touch!