Permanent | Manchester | £38,000 - 42000/Per Year | Job No: 1445
Position: CAD Manager with a Focus on Modular Experiences
Sector: Events, Exhibitions, Retail/Store Activations, Interactive Design and Immersive Presentations
We’re working with a pioneering company in the event industry. The company has global acclaim for their The organisation is acclaimed for its innovative approach to projects across LED Projection Mapping, 3D Interactive Design, 360 Widescreen, and Immersive Presentations.
Their client list is a who’s who of many of the world's leading brands and companies.
A large element of the work they deliver is produced (using a modular approach) at their facility in Manchester and flown all over the world!
Due to this approach and a major expansion in new projects, they’re looking to appoint an experienced CAD Manager, ideally from a Construction/Fitout background, to join their team.
The CAD Manager role
As their CAD Manager, you will lead the technical design team, focusing on the development of modular experiences for international trade shows and exhibitions. Your key responsibility is to oversee the transformation of creative concepts into detailed, practical designs that are optimal for construction, shipping, and assembly at various global client sites.
- Oversee and manage the creation of detailed designs and modular components for large-scale international events, trade shows and exhibitions.
- Ensure design practicality for shipping and efficient assembly at diverse global locations.
- Lead and collaborate with the workshop team to develop transportable, innovative, and reusable design elements.
- Drive innovative solutions in modular and immersive environments for a range of events.
- Mentor and guide the design team in technical skills and project execution.
CAD Manager – Qualifications and Skills
- A relevant higher-level qualification in Interior Design, Architecture, or a related field, with a focus on modular design and fit-out
- Extensive experience (preferably 5+ years) in either Building, Construction, Architectural Design or Interior Design, particularly in modular fit-outs for events or related industries.
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD 2D, 3D modelling software, and the MS Office suite.
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing a design team, preferably in a furniture, construction, or event production company.
- A deep passion for innovative design in event production, with a particular interest in modular and transportable solutions.
Why are you clicking apply?
This is an opportunity to join a company at an exciting stage of its growth, working on pioneering and groundbreaking projects that are at the cutting edge of technology.
If you have a passion for driving innovative design solutions in a fast-paced, creative environment and possess the leadership skills to inspire a team, we encourage you to apply.