Permanent, Leeds, £
West Yorkshire, UK
£50-60k,dependant on expectation
We're hiring for an award-nominated games studio based in West Yorkshire, UK. They specialise in making console and mobile games and have a specialism in incorporating VR / AR technologies into their established IP games.
They're looking for an experienced Art Director to join the team in-house. As the Art Director, you will take the lead on all aspects of artwork including character, environment, visual effects and animation.
You will be able to work closely with their design lead to set the quality standards for our games and hold a vision of a product and communicate that clearly to the key stakeholders while guiding and supporting staff to get the most out of the art team.
Within this role you will:
- Motivate and inspire the art team ensuring they keep the artistic style and mood consistent with defined visual style.
- Be able to establish best practices and methods for the art team.
- Ensure the art team have the tools to deliver top quality art on a project.
- Provide strong career guidance to the art team.
- A number of years working in game development as a senior member of an Art Department.
- Knowledge of current game art production pipelines and workflows.
- A solid understanding of a variety of art 2D and 3D software packages as well as a knowledge of game engines.
- A strong understanding of colour theory, composition and staging techniques. As well as UI/UX.
You will benefit from an above industry standard salary and have the opportunity to join a growing studio who take pride in the quality of their work on some of the leading global brands!
If you're ready to jump into action, get in touch with our gaming recruiter, Hannah on 01925 320 960 or click 'apply'.